Dying hair

My natural color is a light Brown. My sister put red and blonde highlights in my hair nd it was cute but just not me :-/
So...I died it dark brown. Now I have dark brown hair with black and red highlights!! Its wayy too dark!
Next weekend what could I do to make it lighter?
Could I put a light brown dye all over my hair and it work?
Suggestions please...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• No its not going to lighten if your hair is that dark. i would stop doing it yourself & go to a professional & get some foils put in with a low volume bleach or a hi lift blond colour. Going dark gets tricky to when you want lighter hair again GL.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 11:32 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• My sister is a proffesional and she did it with foil...I just didnt wanna make her go.through all that time again and me not like it...so I wanna do it myself (:
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:58 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• you need to get it professionally done. otherwise you're going to keep trying and not get it right and fry your hair.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 3:44 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Color cannot lift color. If you put a lighter color on it it probably will not do anything. In order to lift the dark color, you will hafta bleach it or use a haircolor remover, both of which can damage your hair. The dark color will fade the more you wash it, though.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 5:22 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I agree with TiffanieK....time to go to a professional..
    Onmyown2727

Answer by Onmyown2727 at 6:21 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• STOP AND LISTEN lol no seriously, go to a professional do not attempt to do it urself u will fry ur hair!!!
    PrettyBaby24

Answer by PrettyBaby24 at 7:08 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Tell her to use just a soap cap it will lighten the hair and if you had highlights you hair is going to lighten. I would do the soap cap followed by a deep conditioner. I have had every color under the book even black and soap caps are the bomb
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 10:16 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Do not do it yourself! Trust me. I have dark hair and it is very hard to make it lighter and actually like it afterwards!! It took me to go to a professional and get it lightened.
    I know you do not want to bother your sister but you really should because it may be to dark now but if you do something to it and have it not work and look worse you are stuck with it for awhile.
    jnb71584

Answer by jnb71584 at 10:16 AM on Mar. 28, 2011