Bedtime

I cannot get my 3 almost 4 year old to sleep anymore. Ive tried reading to her, no tv, laying down with her, and thratening to take toys away the next day. It doesnt matter to her. Any advice on soething I can do is welcome.

katcb1019

Asked by katcb1019 at 11:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• what kind of daily routine does your DD have? Like with my kids "before" my son started school. Every morning I would get them up out of bed no later than 7am, then we would have breakfast, then i would get them dressed and take them to daycare around 8am. Then I would go to work till 5pm, get off from work pick them both up from daycare, come home fix dinner... Dinner time is 6pm every night. then after dinner time it was out side time if the weather permitted till 7:30pm. then at 7:30pm my dd would get in the bath till 8pm and from 8pm to 8:30pm my son would take a bath, then from 8:30pm to 9pm was wind down time and lights out at 9.... we do the same thing ever day. and then on the weekends i would take them to a park and let them play for hours and have a picnic at the park. then i would bring them home for a nap, and after nap time it was outside time again.... i wore them out all the time so that they would sleep @ night
    tyner_brylee

Answer by tyner_brylee at 12:27 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• We are having this issue with my two and half year old. My mother suggested giving him a small flashlight and a stack of books to read in bed after he gets his night time stories. He does get out of bed a couple times but for the most part it works. We remind him to go back to bed and read his stories and eventually he falls asleep. Kids eventually hit this stage where soothing themselves to sleep gets harder and they realize "Hey, I'd rather be playing" the trick is getting them to lay in bed long enough to hit sleep. If you've ever watched super nanny she just keeps throwing them back in bed
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 12:32 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• i know that this is a long post. but i really do hope that this helps. i think that having my kids on a schedule really helps a lot..... let me know how things work out... i don't know what type of schedule you have your dd on.... but like i said i hope that i really was able to help you
    tyner_brylee

Answer by tyner_brylee at 12:36 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Does she take naps? My daughter will be 4 in May. she stopped taking naps around 3yr/3mo. She would wear out earlier then. also keep ur eyes open for the signs that she's tired, rubbing her eys, getting cranky/whiny, yawning, etc. Put her to bed before she gets too irritable because she may get over tired & then it takes FOREVER to get them to sleep!! Establish a bedtime routine. Dinner then quiet playtime(puzzles, coloring, ) Things that wont get her all riled up. Keep the routine, dinner quiet time a story then bed. I found that a bath woke my daughter up rather than settle her down, so i give her bath at least 1 to 1 & 1/2 hour before bedtime(right after dinner), include that in your routine too. Try getting her up 1 hour earlier each day if all else fails. If she is allowed to sleep in then her bedtime is going to be later. Good luck.
    deniselvt

Answer by deniselvt at 5:45 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• try giving her a bath and then cuddling with her this is what we do with our boys and yes it takes them half an hour some nights to fall asleep but it does relax them
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:45 PM on May. 21, 2011