Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to deal with my ex-hubands new wife!

Ok, this woman is so hard to deal with, since my ex married her, when My kids are there she will not let them call me ever, she has sent me many messages from my daughters FB account, today when I went to pick my kids up she would not let them leave the house, my x was not there so I told the kids come on out lets go! she pulled them back from the door, my kids went to the window I told them just come on they finally got around her to leave, she came out trying to stop them calling me a bitch, I just told her my agreement is with their father not you! Please give me some advice I have her always being mean and making the kids upset, if she would have just let them out the door and not push them back when I knocked there would have been no issue!


Asked by jenn2bowman at 11:51 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 9 (303 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (17)
  • yeah, the courts dont work like that. SHE is not that parent no matter who she married. I'd really have ta stick my foot up her A**.

    Make sure you document ALL activities dates and times, emails, record her if you can (phone ) that will go along way in court if you end up going back for any reason.

    Answer by kkbird at 12:21 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

  • You need to have a sit down with her and your X and get it all out on the table!!!


    Answer by Crafty26 at 11:59 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

  • Is your children's visitation order through the courts, or just an agreement between you and the ex? If it's court ordered I'd ever so kindly mention that the cops could and will get involved if this keeps up. If it's just a verbal agreement between you and the ex, I'd take it to court and get a visitation arrangement through them so if you do have problems, you have that to back you up. If it doesn't stop, or gets worse, get supervised visitation.

    Answer by Nanixh at 11:59 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

  • Change the PW before you DD goes there and don't tell her what it is... can't give up what you don't know. Then before you pick them up call the local cops and explain what happened last time, let them know that you are heading over there to pick them up. Then if she pulls that again sit outside and call the cops over to assist you!!!!!! When you call them have a copy of the divorce papers with you so you can back up that you are the custodial parent to the cops!


    Answer by Crafty26 at 1:00 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

  • I think you need to talk to your ex about her behavior and he needs to get some control on his wife. I agree with Crafty26, get the police next time she won't let the children go.

    She is really out of line!

    Answer by spottedpony at 1:03 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

  • I have tried to set down an talk, let me say she is one of the reason I filed for divorce. We agreed on the custody but the court did sign off on it, We have been divorced for 5 years and in the last five years he has only taken the kids 1-2 times a month, just in the last 4 months he wants the kids how the agreement reads, so there is nothing I can do, he did try to take the kids but it did not work!

    Comment by jenn2bowman (original poster) at 12:09 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

  • If you have a Lawyer i would call him first thing tomorrow- if you don't have one, i think you need to start looking for one first thing tomorrow- WOW! That is Insane! i can't believe she was trying to hold your kids from you & called you a Bitch in front of them! She sounds like she really has some serious issues going on; you need to tell your EX there is No Way you will continue to put your kids through this! Wishing you lots of luck!


    Answer by daisyb at 12:11 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

  • WHAT IS HER PROBLEM????? do the kids live with you or THEM???? either way she needs to step it back a notch, YOU do need to tell EX that this is you he and YA'LLS kids..... NOT HERS.

    Answer by kkbird at 12:13 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

  • They live with me, but dad just started to take them every weekend as the custody agreement stated! She has been hard to deal with for 4 years but I was able to just say this has nothing to do with you ur the girlfriend, well now she is the wife and she thinks she has just as much right to my kids as me!

    I do have a lawyer!

    Comment by jenn2bowman (original poster) at 12:16 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

  • and as far as FB..... block her .... do another one for dd and WHY does SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE have dd password????

    Answer by kkbird at 12:16 AM on Mar. 28, 2011