How do you deal with it when trying takes awhile?

My husband and I have been ttc for six months now. We do have one son who took us a little over a year to conceive so I've done this before but it never gets any easier for me. I'll be 21 later this year and my husband is 23 in a few days so I think my age makes it harder for me because it just feels like other young women don't have any problems with getting pregnant and it seems impossible to find a doctor that will take it seriously because of my age.
I always dreamed of a larger family but I just don't know if I can do this many more times it just hurts too much.

How do you deal with hitting the year, half year and so on marks? Please don't say that I have all the time in the world, I really don't.

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 12:02 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• We made the mistake of telling my mom that we were ttc and she is a blabber mouth. So... to make matters worse I had my aunts and uncles asking me "are you pregnant yet?". "whats taking so long?" "Do I need to explain how its done?" My advice is not to tell anyone!

Ugh! I all I can say it good luck and hang in there.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:09 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I know how you feel. I am older than you, 31. My husband & I have a 9 month old. We want a big family also & have been trying to have another. We haven't been trying as long as you but it seems like it. I, too have had people tell me I have plenty of time. I want os much to have another baby soon. Each month as I'm late, I get excited but then it comes & I feel like crying. But the best way I have found to deal with it is to enjoy time with my baby girl & my husband. Enjoy the time together it takes to make a baby! Try not to make it your main focus. Stress can make it hard to get pregnant. I have learned that from experience. Sometimes when your not even trying is when it happens. MAny of my friends have told me its how its happened for them. So just try to relax & enjoy your family & don't make having a baby a job.
    kayleesmom42328

Answer by kayleesmom42328 at 12:17 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Try out all of the kama sutra stuff...enjoy being on that side of it because on the other side your bundle of joy segments your sleep so prepare relax and enjoy the lack of interruptions being a parent is harder than the process of becoming one
    LovableFox

Answer by LovableFox at 12:23 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I was 20 when my husband and I started....and 28 when our first child was born. i think I know how you feel. I'm not sure you ever learn to deal with it.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 8:10 AM on Mar. 28, 2011