C-section totally messed up my mid-section, will it ever flatten out?

I had an emergency c-section w/my 3rd baby, (bikini cut) the scar was a bit lumpy but not horrible. 2 years later I had a c-section w/ my 4th and was cut up and down, (had high risk preg. that led to a hysterectomy) So I have this big up side down T, that goes up to almost my belly button. It has been aprox. 9 mos. and I haven't lost all the weight yet. (what I did lose, I gained back. lol) But the incision was kinda lumpy, and w/ the added weight, it looks like I have a butt on my belly. I've been watching what I eat, and am gonna start exercising, but I"m wondering if anyone had this prob. and if your belly ever flattened out, or if I'm doomed to have 2 butts for the rest of my life, even after I've gotten down to my ideal weight.

HappyEndings

Asked by HappyEndings at 12:22 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• It may never look the same, just because of scar tissue and nerves that were severed, etc, but losing the weight and exercising will make a world of difference. Beyond that, genetics will decide the rest. You can do it! Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:35 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Thank you!! Sigh.....
    HappyEndings

Comment by HappyEndings (original poster) at 9:36 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I had a tubal pregnancy years ago, and they had to do emergency csection on me due to it rupturing, so I have the scar from belly button down to hair line. After my second pregnancy, it was lumpy and looked like I had front butt going on. I lost the weight I had gained, and you could hardly see the scar! After my 3rd pregnancy, the front butt came back, and I wasn't motivated to lose the weight. 3 yrs later, I have finally decided that I can do it again and it's starting to go away! You can do it!
    kdunker

Answer by kdunker at 11:29 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Thanks very much, both of you!! :) Sorry to hear about the tubal kdunker, but glad to hear that you were able to lose the front butt. lol. I know that it has a lot to do w/ age, body type, diet and exercise, combined, it's just a bummer that we have to deal w/ such things as "front butts". Don't we go through enough already body wise? Men are so lucky!!
    HappyEndings

Comment by HappyEndings (original poster) at 11:36 AM on Mar. 28, 2011