how i could teach my child that watching some one naked is bad?

kate007

Asked by kate007 at 3:09 AM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• well, they are obviously a teen so ground them without any electronics...they're old enough to know better by now.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 3:48 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Who are they watching? Someone they know, someone they're spying on, or someone in a movie/magazine?
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:08 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• depends who they are watching.Watching someone naked is not "BAD". we are all are naked underneight...kid should not be made to feel guilty for doin somethin that is natural...instead you need to explain the consequences of watchin someone without permission. The fact that there is an age limit on such things should also be said, such as smoking & drinking, driving, etc., NOT BAD< just inapproperiate. If its you & yours porn..then put it up out of sight. Family members-its lack of respect, is how you should approach that one. A neighbor - its a breech of their privacy, can result in jail time. A friend, depending on the age & permission(we all have played doctor/nurse) its just bein courious. again its not bad, its a situation YOU need to explain how to handle PROPERLY! explain sex on their age terms also. it will clear up alot of their feelings that they dont understand.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:24 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I completely agree with answer above me. My children are young so I'm not to this point.
    erikamommy2

Answer by erikamommy2 at 7:58 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Where in the world did you get that "they are obviously a teen", Chyna doll??????????
    I agree with anonymous.
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 8:36 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I definitely agree that it depends on the age. If they are younger and just curious, now would be the PERFECT opportunity to talk to them about keeping those parts private and why you should. It's also the opportunity to talk to them about sexual predators.
    LoneStarLadie

Answer by LoneStarLadie at 9:04 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Destiny it is in the 13-17 year old group. That would be teen.
    priddymom

Answer by priddymom at 9:31 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• the question is under 13-17,so I assume he is a teen,and no I don't think it is ok to watch someone undress,it is called privacy.If he is just curious,get him a health book,and answer the questions he has,but if he is watching someone without their permission,it needs to be stopped.Ground him,or take something he loves away for awhile. Good luck
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 9:35 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• This is a good time to talk and not do not get angry. It's just time to teach about, feelings, private parts, sexual predators, and sex. But most important about respect. The older they are the more you say. And tell them they can come to you for any questions they may have about anything.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:01 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I agree with gammie. They also need to know the consequences of "watching someone naked", depending on the circumstances. It can be bad or it can be acceptable, depending on the situation.
    pinkink

Answer by pinkink at 10:44 AM on Nov. 27, 2008