Allergic to hotdogs?

my daughter has tiny little bumps covering her face :( shes 10 months old. everyone saids it looks like a food allergy. the only new food shes had is hot dogs... can you be allergic to hot dogs?! iv never heard of anything like that... ? its much worse then the picture shows, this was the best i could do with a cell phone =/

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 12:28 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Kids r not supposed to have hotdogs until 5 years old!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:33 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Call the doctor in the morning.
    dancer

• Very likely wth is in hotdogs anyways? ewwww
    LovableFox

Answer by LovableFox at 12:35 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• wow never heard you cant give them hot dogs till 5 yrs old... considering they are hot dogs in baby jar food! i of course am calling the dr in the morning.
    Keaton_Hazel

Comment by Keaton_Hazel (original poster) at 12:45 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• please dont give her hot dogs unless they are vegetarian...the things that go in regular hot dogs are gross beyond your imagination, and she could be allergic to any one of the chemicals, fillers, dyes or cereals that make it up
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 12:45 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• It could be from that liquid in the baby food jar. Wipe them down or peel the skin off and see if the reaction continues...
    elizabooks

Answer by elizabooks at 12:49 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• so we are areeing that it is possible that the rash is from hot dogs? thats all im asking. iv never heard of someone having a reaction to eatting hot dogs, so i wasnt sure if i should be looking at something else...
    Keaton_Hazel

Comment by Keaton_Hazel (original poster) at 12:57 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I don't have an answer to help, I hope she's not in any pain and hopefully the doctor can help :) Good luck, and I gave my son hotdogs when he had just a few teeth, so I wouldn't worry there and I can tell your not :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 10:24 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Is it possible? Yes, of course it's possible. Also try and think if you have changed anything recently, such as soaps or detergents.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Why wouldn't you be able to be allergic to hot dogs? Especially if they're the combination ones. I agree with Krysta, and to make sure you haven't changed soaps or detergeants recently...and of course to call her pedi. Good luck, and I hope she's not in pain! She's adorable.
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 7:15 PM on Mar. 28, 2011