I'm out of laundry detergent, can I use....

dishwasher soap or fabric softener to clean a quick load of clothes? Anyone know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I have used baking soda as a last resort. It helped the clothes smell better until I was able to get some soap. The only time you should use liquid dish soap is to get rid of the fast food smell if you work in a restaurant. A capful of liquid dish soap is all you need.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 12:54 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• No!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:48 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Liquid dish soap with foam up ALOT more than laundry detergent. If it starts to become out of control- liquid fabric softner, in a spray bottle, gets rid of bubbles. I just emptied a hair spray bottle (also a febreeze bottle one time) and filled it with fabric softener, and sprayed the bubbles away.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 1:39 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I've been stuck in that same position and dish soap worked just fine.  There was also a time I had to use body wash, shampoo.  I don't recommend it but hey do what ya gotta do.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:14 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• you can use shampoo i know when i was sixteen an had nothing thats what i used
    cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 3:18 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I would use baking soda or vinegar.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:20 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• What can I use?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:48 AM on Mar. 28, 2011