More nose piercing questions for those of you who've had it done

I got it done at a tattoo place so i ASSUME the jewerly isn't nickle. I'm very allergic to nickle.

the skin under the stud seems to be dark and it itched a ton all day.

is itching normal? ( I just had it done yesterday so )

also there was some stuff around the stud earier, idk if it was puss or what but i wiped it away gently with a wet q-tip and then put the sterile eye drops on it like the guy told me to use.

thanks

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:51 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Yes, itching and the pus is totally normal with a fresh piercing. Just watch the coloring of the discharge. If it's clear/white it's fine, but if it turns a greenish color, that's infection.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:54 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Try getting some bactrim (think that's how it's spelled) it helped with mine a lot. I found it at ingles, and I'm sure a drug store would have it. Typically they use stainless steel but you could check into it just incase. Mine itched at first and then for years after I had it. it would be fine for a few weeks then get itchy and irritated, the skin would try to heal over the back at night and I would have to twist and clean it, but that was with a stud. Sometimes it would ooze green stuff :( but I would clean it and it would usually clear up within a day. Cartlidge has a much harder time healing than normal skin. I changed to a hoop and it did much better. I eventually ended up taking it out.
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 12:57 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I have had my nostril piercing about 12 years now. I don't remember ever having any problems with it, I also had mine done at a tat shop by a pro. piercer. I don't think I ever even put anything on it, it is supposed to be one of the few piercings that is very easy and low-maintenance (pretty much just like an earlobe piercing. I think it may have itched a bit at first.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:59 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Pus and itching is normal. I also got like a little bubble under my stud. I switched to wearing just surgical steel studs and the bubble, pus, and itching went away.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 5:14 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I had non stop problems with mine. I ended up having antibiotics due to 12 weeks of infection. I ended up taking it out. I was pierced with Titanium and it still had to come out.
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 1:06 PM on Mar. 28, 2011