11 Year old boy claims he visited Heaven

Here's a link to the video he's interviewed in.

What do you think? Do you believe him?

If so, why?

If not, why not?

clarity333

Asked by clarity333 at 1:16 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Religious Debate

• You know what irritates me about this whole situation? The fact that because this boy claims he saw something and it was announced on national television that his parents are up for a book and I bet you they get it published and agents are all over them while me, a true passionate writer whose life long dream is to be big time has to work hard in order to get her foot in the door to an agent and work her but off to get her books sold in stores. That right there is a true story of a miracle if you ask me
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 4:59 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• It makes a nice story. Since his father is a pastor in their community it certainly boosts business for him and the book deal doesn't hurt. I am not convinced by the boy's interview.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 1:40 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• This has been posted before but like another person said, I think it is a nice story but that is it
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 7:16 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Anon, I haven't seen this question before, and while I'm sure that questions are "recycled" because not everyone who posts here has been a long-time member or has spent much time in the Religious Debate section. Would you rather we ask completely original questions every time--and comb through all of the posts to be sure that we aren't repeating anything?

I saw a bit of this interview recently, and had the same impression--the parents are keen to sell their book, for one, and for two, I think the son's "vision" is the result of the power of suggestion.  Kids at that age are more worldly than we give them credit for, and absorb more that's said around them than many people seem to think.  I'm sure, as a pastor's son, he's familiar with the concept of heaven.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 8:37 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Call it "balloon boy syndrome" but I have a hard time with any story that is pushed in a media blitz- I feel badly doubting this family because I do not know them, but something in it seems off-

Does this prove anything one way or another-probably not- for every, I have seen heaven story there is a near death experience that says they saw and felt nothing-

I believe in heaven and find this story to be some what plausible but there is something in the presentation that bothers me-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:55 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

Boost his "business"?? His father is a pastor, not a used car salesman. Seriously.
    I believe him. But even if I didn't, it wouldn't chage how I feel. God is real!
    1plustwinsmommy

Answer by 1plustwinsmommy at 10:40 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Cute story but No I don't beleive it. For one, I don't believe heaven actually exists. Secondly he is the son of a pastor so even if his parents claim they do not discuss things like the rapture with their son (so he couldn't have known) the boy could have still overheard his parents and on more than one issue. But I am a skeptic.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:52 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• No. I don't believe him. At best I believe an impressionable young child of a pastor had a dream. At worst, I believe they are lying.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 9:31 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Who am I to judge something like that. If it enriches someone's life to hear about it, so be it
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 9:34 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Nobody can say he did or he didn't.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:39 AM on Mar. 28, 2011