when can i feed?

when can i feed my daughter the number 2 baby foods? she is already on number 1s and cereals so i was just wondering when i can start on number 2

SxyMamma08

Asked by SxyMamma08 at 4:32 AM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how old is she? i started my son at 7 months and he ate the whole jar. i say go with what you think is best.
    marine_wife_07

Answer by marine_wife_07 at 4:42 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• According to the Gerber website, your child is ready for Stage 2 foods when she is a "sitter". She should be able to sit independently, pick up and hold small objects in her hands, reach for food or spoon with hands, and clear food off of spoon with her upper lip. If she can do that, then she's ready. Of course, watch her carefully as she gets used to the new texture. :-)
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 8:35 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I just started my 5 month old on number two as long as she took all the number ones ok and can sit up her self your good to go
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 12:32 PM on Nov. 27, 2008