Can I file a report on the hospital? adult content

Last night I was hurting really bad in my vagina. It was swollen and starting to itch and hurt. I went to the ER because I couldn't stand to walk or put my legs together. I know I probably have a yeast infection, but all those symptoms got extremely bad last night. I get there and they wouldn't let me sign in before I talked to the on call nurse which I told him what was going on and he told me to go home and drink water because it sounded like a UTI. So I go home and call the hospital in the next town over and they said that I should have been seen if they suspected an infection, and gave me a number to a nurse hotline. Right now I am still itching and hurting but now my upper stomach is starting to have pain to. I am going to the doctor first thing in the morning and after finding out what I have my husband is going to the hospital to let them know and to see about filing a complaint. Should I file a complaint with them for not seeing me last night or should I just suck it up and let it go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Health

• Definitely file a complaint! They are not supposed to turn you away, and it could have been something more serious than a UTI.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:49 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• yes
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 1:58 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I would! I would get that nurses name and narc on his ass for refusing service to you. But, thats just me....
    scottshoney

Answer by scottshoney at 1:59 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• whoops... silly laptop...

Yes, you should file the complaint.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 1:59 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Yes you should file a complaint, and go to the ER. If its that bad, GO!
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 2:01 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Oh yeah, definitely report it. Infections need to be treated, if not treated it can spread farther up your urinary tract to a kidney. Kidney infections are no laughing matter; most horrible pain I've ever felt. Try some cranberry juice for the time being, it really does work wonders.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 2:04 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Why did you leave? You can't be turned away from an ER, the nurse could have suggested you just go home but you certainly had the right to stay and be treated. I wouldn't have left.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 2:07 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• File a complaint! I sure as hell would!
    Mamapunkin21809

Answer by Mamapunkin21809 at 2:23 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I would certainly file one.
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 2:54 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I would but I know that I would just get sent home again without being seen.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:03 AM on Mar. 28, 2011