Baby sleeping too much after a vaccination?

My two month old infant had his first vaccinations yesterday and is sleeping but he has already slept ten hours straight. He has never even slept through the night before (6 hours straight has been his max)! Did this happen to anyone else? Is this normal? I don't remember it with my first! Help me please!

scottiesmommy

Asked by scottiesmommy at 5:07 AM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• the first time my son got his shots he went straight to sleep. I think it might be a while for them to not feel the pain. did you give him medicine before he got them? that could help him sleep too
    edwinsmom2008

Answer by edwinsmom2008 at 5:16 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I gave him a dose of tylenol after his vaccinations.
    scottiesmommy

Answer by scottiesmommy at 5:26 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• My daughter sleeps after all shots, then when she wakes up she has a fever, then it is time for tylenol
    Theone3608

Answer by Theone3608 at 1:45 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Tylenol makes them sleepy too.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:14 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• yep my guy slept the rest of the day and that night after his shots. i mean he woke up to bf but then went back to sleep.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 7:28 PM on Nov. 27, 2008