What was the worst habit you had before you decided to get healthy?

My biggest problem was always portion control. I also didn't consider some of the stuff I was eating (like the huge bowl of cereal for breakfast with two slices of toast with butter, every day), and how fast the calories added up.
Eating out of boredom was another biggie for me.
Were you a big soda person? Did you eat at McDonald's every day?

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 2:40 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Smoking. Seriously, it was a huge hindrance to anything I might try to do in the way of diet or exercise. I didn't have the lung capacity to do any real exercise, but honestly, it was the MENTAL state that held me back. When I finally quit (hopefully for good this time--it's been 4 years) I was able to focus on my whole well-being and leading a truly healthy lifestyle. If I ever picked up cigarettes again, I know I would go back to square one because I'd feel so bad about myself that I'd let it unravel all the progress I've made in dietary and exercise habits. For me, the way I eat and workout are my lifestyle, not a quickie attempt at weightloss, and smoking would lead me back to my old lifestyle.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:04 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Today is the first day of my new, healthy life! I want to overcome secret bingening and medicating myself with food.( IT'S NOT GOING TO HELP!) Eating out of boredom, yes, sounds familiar too.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 2:58 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Chocolate and tv.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:10 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Eating nothing but crap all day - Doritos, M&M's, cookies, cake, etc.
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 10:56 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Definitely fast food. I lived on it. Now, I have no desire and I'm down 67lbs (not just from eliminating fast food but that was probably my worst habit)
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 11:43 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Smoking, portion control was a HUGE problem, binge eating especially in the evenings, sweets- if they were in the house i was eating them.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 11:53 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• eating starch in the box...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 8:30 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Eating in front of the tv and staying there for the rest of the night
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 10:43 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• smoking , sugar
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 10:55 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I was addicted to Diet Coke. I stopped cold turkey when I got pregnant the first time & felt like I was actually have withdrawls! If I drink any now, it tastes terrible to me.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:55 AM on Mar. 28, 2011