how do i get my son to stop freaking out when i change his diaper?

every time i lay him down to change his diaper or his clothes he freaks out. and normally this is fine. but when we are in public and i change is diaper in the bathroom people look at me like i am doing something wrong. He has never had a bad experience with a diaper change. I really dont get it and i am a little tired of the mean looks i get when he cries.

edwinsmom2008

Asked by edwinsmom2008 at 5:18 AM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• LET HIM PLAY WITH AN EXTRA DIAPER IN THE BAG OR A TOY TO PLAY WITH TO KEEP HIM BUSY HE IS JUST BORED DON'T WORRY ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE THAT IS YOUR BABY FORGET THEM !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:30 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• You could be hurting him accidentally. I found out I was doing that with my daughter, she doesn't like the diaper rubbing her the wrong way in the crease between her legs and butt.
    But ALSO the major part is what the answer above said. Just give him a toy, or another diaper to play with. It's worked very well for me and DD!
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 8:40 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Can you make it a game to distract him? Toss a blanket over his head and play peekaboo while you do it. Blow bubbles on his tummy. Talk in silly voices (strangers love that one... ;-D) Good luck!
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 8:44 AM on Nov. 27, 2008