Blue and "clover"?

My son (who is just shy of 4) picked out bright blue and a light green called "Clover" for me to paint his walls with...I'm not so sure they will go together on his room. We had already painted one of his walls the bright blue a few months ago, and today he picked the green to do the other walls with (he only wanted one wall when we did the blue)...Should I take him out again and give him options for a green that would go better, or just let him have it? I like to let them have their own style, but I don't know what kind of bedding I can get him to match it. lol.

laird6372

Asked by laird6372 at 3:07 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I think that the clover will be fine :)
    I dont think that you should go behind him and change it after letting him make the choice. Its a big boy choice. He probably feels really proud to have had the chance to give you his opinion.

What you can do is maybe put some shelves on the Blue wall and bulk it up, so that its less distracting.
    Good luck ! I hope you come back and post some pictures !
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 7:27 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• do what he wants after showing him various color choices
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:30 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Can you go a couple of shades darker on the same color strip?
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:37 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I'm sure we can... We have to get the paint from the Self Help store on base, and they only have a limited number of colors they can give... I do want to get a different color (I personally don't like it), but I didn't want to make him feel like I don't like his taste. lol. I think I may let him pick from a different green if he wants green.
    laird6372

Comment by laird6372 (original poster) at 8:49 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Thanks Wish2Be... I really want him to have his own style (our 3 older kids get to pick their own clothes and bedding, etc, so we try to give them freedom with their styles)... It will be a while before it gets done--my husband is gone for 2 weeks, so it will be when he gets home :) He said he wanted to stick with the green he got, so that's the green we will use.
    laird6372

Comment by laird6372 (original poster) at 7:41 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• As an update, it turned out looking great together :) It was more of a "mint" color up on the wall :)
    laird6372

Comment by laird6372 (original poster) at 10:37 AM on Apr. 10, 2011