Jealousy! And is it just part of life and growing up?

I've had an interesting life so far, many ups and downs... But some downs I think in my life were due to me feeling jealous of what other people had, like seeing a happy family, as a kid this would really make me feel even more lonely. Then as I grew up, other things 'upset' me, like seeing an old school friend get married. For some reason it cut me deep. I never said bad word to her about it. I kept it in.

Now I've learnt that jealousy is a waste of a emotion. I've learnt to love what I have... My kids are little blessings and I'm so lucky to have them. But when I think about it all I really do think my unhappy childhood caused me to be negative for some time in my early stages of womanhood.

Has this happened to you?

LaraHappyMummy

Asked by LaraHappyMummy at 3:07 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• An unhappy childhood could indeed cause someone to be negative, but lots of people have not-so-great childhoods and grow up to be great people. It's good that you've learned to look at what you have as opposed to what you DON'T have. Some people don't ever get to that point in life, and spend years and years trying to be better than so-and-so.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:35 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• everyone is jealous of something. it's just a part of life. it's human nature.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 3:11 AM on Mar. 28, 2011