My fiance is extrememly happy about our pregnancy... I'm 6 weeks, and I'm very happy too, but sometimes I resent him. Why?

Is it just the hormones???

surfkat236

Asked by surfkat236 at 5:38 AM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• because he has it easy. you are the one who can't drink. has to take the vitamins, feel like crap, go to the doc 20 times this year. it's alot of work making a baby. he has it easy.
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 6:07 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Lol! I agree with the previous answer but I would like to add cant poop, gain weight, wear ridiculous clothes, pee every 5 minutes, cant sleep, get sore, retain water...the list goes on and on. When I first read the question my gut answer was "Uh, because he got you pregnant!!!" I recently yelled at my SO that the only thing he had to contribute to a pregnancy was an orgasm before conception and added that I probably didn't even have one!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:21 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I felt this way when I was pregnant with my first baby. I resented my DH, my whole life was changing. As was my body! And he could still do what ever he wants/ed and I was on a restricted diet (GD) I couldn't drink, I worked 40 hours a week and was so exhausted I'd have to stop at my mom's (halfway between my former job and home) to take a nap just so I could drive home! Not to scare you, but it lasted after the baby was born. Mommy's lives change forever, daddy's lives do not. They are still able to come and go without worry of someone caring for thier children, what time to be home, how much time they have to do something. It's a different world and I think it takes some of us a little longer to come to grips with it.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 27, 2008