Any pregnant moms who've had their gallbladders removed?

When I was pregnant with my son I got gallstones and about 6 weeks after he was born I had to get my gallbladder removed because of it. I am now 31 weeks pregnant and throughout this entire pregnancy I've not been able to eat anything without it going right through me. I've only gained about 9 lbs. 'The doctors aren't concerned about my little weight gain because my uterus and baby are growing fine and my uterus is actually measuring over. I've asked my doctor but she said it was probably just from me not having a gallbladder. When you have your gallbladder taken out though, you can have some side effects and possibly end up having to have another surgery for it. My doctor told me to contact the doctor that removed my gallbladder but his office has moved and idk how to contact him. Has anyone had their gallbladders removed and know if this is normal? Does anyone know what, if anything, could be wrong? Or is this normal?

tiffanynichols

Asked by tiffanynichols at 4:32 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My mother had her gallbladder removed but I wouldn't know anything about it. Wish I could help though.
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 8:33 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• i had my gallbladder removed when my daughter was 5 weeks old. what kind of foods are you eating and are you having alot of pain?
    adriana1024

Answer by adriana1024 at 2:24 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I'm not having alot of pain and I try to stay away from greasy or spicy foods because, like with my gallbladder, they just make me sick. Bland foods are pretty much all I can tolerate.
    tiffanynichols

Comment by tiffanynichols (original poster) at 4:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• well it took me awhile to figure out what foods really affected me and which didnt but for the most part i dont eat alot of the foods we're not suppose to. i dont really like greasy or fried food or fatty so im ok but i do notice that when i might eat something in those categories to close together they go right through me. i think you should be fine as long as mild foods arent going through you to. i just re-read what you wrote and if everythings going through you than i would try and see what a dr would say. couldnt hurt ive never had that problem. with my pregnancy after i had my surgery i was alittle more sensative to certain foods if i ate them but for the most part i was ok. if you have any other questions just ask
    adriana1024

Answer by adriana1024 at 9:13 AM on Apr. 1, 2011