How do I get my 7 month old son to go to bed earlier?

My 7 month old son has been going to bed at 2 and 3 in the morning.How do I get him sleeping earlier?

lindseylu23

Asked by lindseylu23 at 5:55 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• LOL. Kids go to sleep when they are tired. How many (million) times I've wished they had an "off" switch, but alas they don't. Only thing I'd suggest is to make sure he's tired earlier. Change the daytime routine as much as you can so he's been awake and active for at least 4 hours before you try to get him to bed.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 6:02 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I agree with judimary! It's tough, but I put my son on a tentative routine. Moving his naps around during the day help alot! It'll be like bootcamp in the beginning but after awhile it will pay off. My son used to go to sleep at 10 at night and it drove me bonkers so I started to not let him nap past 4:30. It was hard at first but then he began to fall into a schedule and now he goes to sleep at 8:00 and wakes up at 7:30 and takes 2 hourish (sometimes a bit longer) a day. I would wake your baby up whatever time works for you and go from there! Good luck!
    Sarahbeth7

Answer by Sarahbeth7 at 7:09 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Try and wind him down about an hour before you want him to go to bed. Read him stories , sing him a song, give him some warm milk and get him cozy and snug. It will probably take about an hour or so, but once you wind him down you will get him to go to sleep earlier. You will have to make it a routine. You may not get results immediately...it could take a couple weeks, but it should work :)
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 7:26 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• You start training him to. You change his schedule to better accommodate yours. It takes a while but be consistent. Good Luck
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:43 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Wake him up in the morning at whatever time is convenient for you, but be sure it's consistent. Put him down for naps when he is tired, but don't let him sleep more than around 2 hours at a time. Have a consistent bedtime routine (bath, pjs, breastfeed/bottle, read books, lay him down) and stick to it.

Answer by missanc at 9:14 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• It's kind of early for a schedule. DD is 6 months old, and still a little sporadic. She'll go down for the count anytime between 8pm and 2am...usually by 930/10pm though. I don't wake her up, unless we have to leave, and I let her nap as she pleases. They'll regulate eventually.
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 7:08 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• wow thats late lol
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 8:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2011