Does you dh clean the house or do you have to "encourage" him?

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 6:38 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Home & Garden

• My hubby always do...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 6:41 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• have to encourage him haha.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:42 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• He will clean some things and other things he hates to clean. For example he will pick up the kitchen, although he hates to clean the bathroom. He will also help with laundry and cleaning the basement, which is what he and the boys call the MAN CAVE..I guess he does really help because he will sometimes even clean the living room.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:43 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I will usually ask if he will do something and he does it with no fuss. I'm a sahm so I do most of the cleaning, but with 3 kids under the age of 5 its hard to get everything done. We've talked about who needs to do what around the house and he cleans up the yard, the garage, takes out all the trash, unloads the dishwasher and cleans off the table after dinner and he helps with bath time. I do everything else all the laundry, the kids room/toys (they help as much as they can), vaccum, our room, sweep/mop, cook 3 meals a day, bathrooms, load the dishwasher/wash bottles, and theres more but I don't want to write a you a book about it lol.

L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 6:47 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• He will do it. However, it is the kids' job. They each have a room that they are responsible for. They rotate rooms each week.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:33 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I have to encourage him. If one of his friend was coming over he would straighten up a little bit. I do most of the cleaning anyway since he works 14 hrs a day.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 7:36 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• He doesnt clean at all, even when encouraged lol. But he does work 60 hours a week so I cant complain.

Answer by gemgem at 7:47 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Some things he does all by himself, and I'm so grateful for that. Other things, I have to give him a gentle reminder(but I only do it for something I can't do by myself, like lugging the full trash can down to the dumpster).
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:21 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• He does it. He and I have been married for more than 21 years and know what we don't like to do and what we don't mind doing. My husband knows I hate loading the dishwasher so he does that every morning and every night. I know he hates scrubbing toilets, so I do the bathrooms. Its a give and take for us.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:29 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I stay home and cleaning is my job.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:34 AM on Mar. 28, 2011