Christians

I know many of you are excited about Easter and the risen Lord. So much so that you are trying to get those many jewels in your crown for the souls that you save. Have you forgotten that only God can save souls? Only God can soften a harden heart?That the only one that you are responsible for is your own? This morning as I was reading through the posts of yesterday. I was very sadden by the questions and answers that I read. How many hearts have been even more harden by your words? How many have you turned farther away? Are you absolutely sure that you're not playing into the evil ones hand? Do you really think before you answer? Remember there is a final judgement that we all have to for. Sins we don't even know we commit, against others. Our anonymity here will be revealed. Think about all of this during the lasts of Lent. A time we are to purify ourselves in preparation for the risen Lord. As none of are ( or ) be pure enough. Pray for Gods mercy on us all.

daps

Asked by daps at 6:50 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• journal it, hon. this seems way too preachy..even to me, who as a xtian didn't like the postings yesterday/beyond. but this is really not the place for your scolding. (and no, i don't consider this to be a bashing.)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:41 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I'm not sure what was posted yesterday or not, but as a Christian I am seen as pure already because of Jesus. As are all other believers that Jesus is the Messiah and pardoned our sins. I hope no one was judging...because we are all in the same boat. But we definitely don't need to dwell on our inquities because he has already taken them away :) God has mercy on us. Everyday his mercies. are new :)
    And you are absolutely correct...only God can soften hearts...he directs the hearts of Kings. What a great God we walk with and all thanks to Jesus for the ability to walk with him :) It sounds like yesteday maybe people were harsh. Sometimes I think we all fall a little guilty with that when we feel like our beliefs and lives are attacked or are under scrunity. Thanks for a beautiful reminder to remember to do everything with love. But know that God does have mercy on us :)
    Sarahbeth7

Answer by Sarahbeth7 at 6:59 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Jesus saves. It is through Him that we can then be with God. Jesus is the reason we have our sins washed away.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 7:19 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• "That the only one that you are responsible for is your own"

Really? You are only responsible for your own soul? Then why do so many "christians" take it upon themselves to inform those they THINK need saving of their idea of god....and go so far as to use fear tactics AND actually saying things that they hope they die (the evil person) so that they will have to face god's judgment?!!
    Some people need to get a clue.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:15 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• daps- Thank you for your effort to dis-associate yourself from the poor display from others from yesterday. I know you're trying to get them to see a more clear picture adn relax a bit, but alas I do not think it will work. Don't let it bug you, just keep doing what you're doing and it'll be fine.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:16 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Anna it is not just Christians that are being bashed and lets be real it is the person not the necessarily the belief that is being bashed.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 4:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Nicely said but be prepared for the bashing. It will come.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 7:19 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• What is the deal with the "posting from yesterday"? I have looked but didn't see anything. It was YESTERDAY. Today is a new day. move on
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 7:55 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• If I'm only responsible for my own soul, then I don't need to worry about my words hardening someone's heart....that would be saying I was responsible for their soul.....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:09 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• im not trying to get any jewels in my crown...honestly im not really "in" to the whole conversion thing (if someone wants to talk about that kinda stuff they'll ask). and i try very hard to not post anything while angry (tho it has gotten harder the closer i get to giving birth haha). i believe how we live our lives is the best way to show others the joy our faith brings us. so thanks for the reminder.

and sahmamax2...do you really think we're all out to get you so much so that you cant let the OPs post calling out the bad behavior of Christians go w/out getting pissy? i mean seriously, she's trying to tell other Christians to focus on themselves & stop acting so self-righteous.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:22 AM on Mar. 28, 2011