WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE NEW PUSH-UP BIKINI FOR 7 YEAR OLD GIRLS?

I myself wouldn't have bought one for my girls, it's just not something they would need or even have any idea what it was about at that age. I don't think there are many little 7 yr olds that have that much to push up just yet. What are your thoughts?

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 8:26 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• What do they have to push up? There are bikinis, and then there are bikinis. There are cute ones for little girls, and then there are ones that look like they are for grownups. My daughters have bikinis but not skimpy 'sexy' ones.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 9:45 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I haven't heard of it, but that sounds appalling. No way would I let my little girl wear that. I think some people forget there are sexual predators lurking all over the place.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 8:28 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I can't even imagine what a push up bikini for a 7 year old looks like. It just 'sounds' too grown up for such a young child. I'll find a picture and get back to you later.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:29 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Um, no, my little girls would not go around in that!! Heck, I wouldn't even let them wear a bikini! WTH is with making trampy clothes for children?!
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 9:01 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• NO seven year old has anything to push up.
    It sends a horrible message that as a female they need something to enhance themselves in order to be attractive or noticed. It should never be even a thought in a seven year old's head, let alone something any child/teen should be buying. It also sends a message to children of their age and older that they should be viewed as a sexual object and it puts too much pressure on the girl to be something she shouldn't be. It's a horrible idea to have a pushup bra/bikini top for a child/teen. I really don't think it sends a good message at all for anyone.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:48 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• My first thoughts are "what do they have to push-up any ways?" If I had a 7 year old daughter, I wouldn't let her wear one. I'd want my daughter to be a little girl as long as possible. That would also apply to my son. Let them be little kids.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:35 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I've seen the news footage & the other images they ran of little girls in inappropriate clothing, or dancing like Beyonce'. It's wrong! Ever since my dau outgrew the toddler clothing, I've been shocked by what is considered appropriate outfits for little girls from about ages 7-12! Luckily there are still some sensible designers out there that make clothes that wont make our dau's look like little hoochie mamas!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:37 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Rediculous! A push up for a 7 year old. I was an early bloomer at 10 but even then I didn't have anything to push up. Heck I wasn't even allowed to wear a 2 peice until I was 14 and even then it had to be a tankini. Same will be with my girl. (If I ever have one)
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 9:02 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Not cool at all, its bad enough when they get 12-13 to want to wear a 2 piece, and they are developing, but I will not allow my 13 yr old to have a push up!
    jenn2bowman

Answer by jenn2bowman at 9:03 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I agree that the wording Abercrombie chose was not appropriate for kids. Since getting so much negative attention about this product they have since changed the name http://www.abercrombiekids.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10851&storeId=10101&langId=-1&topCategoryId=12103&categoryId=71459&parentCategoryId=12174.

I do think it is said that they would advertise it as a push up.  Kids grow up fast enough these days and in my opinion we need to let them kids a little longer.  Life is not easy and to make kids grow up faster instead of enjoying the silliness of being a kid is very sad.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:10 AM on Mar. 28, 2011