WIC

Do you have to show proof of income at every wic appoitment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No. Not every one. I only remember doing it twice. once when I first applied, and then when i moved to a new state when ds was 6 mo old I had to reapply there. I was only on a year though. Maybe you do it every so often?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I'm on my 3rd round of WIC checks, and only had to prove my income at my first appointment. I would think it's the same everywhere, but if you're not sure, just call your local health dept, or wherever they do WIC in your area.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:15 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Only the first time, then I don't think they check that until after the baby comes. It's really not very often, and even if you did the limit is pretty high... and it's free food!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:40 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Only the first time hon
    and if they ask the 2nd 3rd of 4th time...tell them you forgot the stuff and they already know, how much you make!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:55 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• AND IF U GET MEDICAID U NVR HAVE TO SHOW PROOF OF INCOME
    kim2316

Answer by kim2316 at 10:59 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• You have to show your proof of income every few months AND if you are adding a new baby. I THINK they check mine every 6 months? I'm not 100%, but it's not only once.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 12:42 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I know that if you are already approved for food stamps you automatically are able to get it. I think you dont have to show them if you are getting welfare but I may be wrong!
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I only had to show once..
    ah2590

Answer by ah2590 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 27, 2008