Is this normal?

After our last son was born c-section, the dr had to remove my tubes because they couldn't stop the bleeding during surgery (I had placenta accreta). Now during my regular ovulation cycle I swell up like a balloon! Its mostly in my upper abdomen, I lost all the baby weight plus 10 lbs and when this happens i look like i'm still 6 mos pregnant! AHHHHH! any advice? It lasts at least a week and it's very depressing.

plylerjones

Asked by plylerjones at 8:04 AM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Health

• Oh, I don't know but it dosen't sound good! I would call the Dr. to ask just in case, given the circumstances with your tubes being removed and all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Aw, I'm sorry you had to go through that. It sounds traumatic. I know during ovulation, the egg goes through the tubes and is washed out via your menstrual cycle when it's not fertilized. I wonder if you are getting "backed up" because the egg has nowhere to go? That's just an theory of course.

Would you consider having your ovaries removed?

I'd go to the doctor and make sure they really check you out. Don't let them blow you off.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 8:39 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Yeah, pugpin, I've kinda been worrying myself about what happens when the egg finds a "roadblock". Plus we've had friends that had their tubes tied electively and their personalitys have shifted to not-very-nice people. (one girl turned into a downright b*&ch who refuses to take care of her kids or her house because she say's they are her SO's problem!) My DH is worried that getting my ovaries removed will cause emotional problems (i'm type 2 bipolar and I do not take meds, we found a way to work through my episodes over the last 10 years w/out drugs) but lately the episodes are more frequent and getting worse and the old tricks aren't working any more. If this doesn't get under control I wonder if they can put fake tubes in or something...
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 10:29 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• OMg - I wish I knew what to say. I had a friend who went through this. She never found the cause. At least as long as I knew her. She was in a lot of pain. I hope that you find an answer and relief. I am sorry that you are going through this.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 11:36 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I would see your doctor. That is not normal. It does not mean something is terrible wrong but you need to get it addressed.
    Gingersmom1979

Answer by Gingersmom1979 at 11:08 PM on Nov. 27, 2008