Will you watch the speech O gives tonight?

What do you want him to say?
What do you expect him to say?
What do you Not want him to say?
I will admit, this speech I will watch, and I really never watch his speeches I prefer to read transcripts. Of course, I'll be reading the transcript Tue morning though too.
What part of this Libyan conflict worries you the most or causes a significant deal breaker with your support of Obama? Especially, if you are married to a military man?
In 1986 the Libyan conflict caused my DH's deployment to be extended 10 months, do you fear more or extended deployments with your military loved one?

jewjewbee

Asked by jewjewbee at 9:04 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• No, I can't get past thinking "you are so full of crap" with every word that comes out of his mouth. I prefer transcripts, I can get through those a lot faster.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:08 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Don't feel like a dunce. If you've never felt the need to read a president's speech before, why would you instantly know where to go look? Several of us know because we prefer to read the speech either in lieu of listening to him speak or after listening to him so that we analyze what he said.

And, no, I won't be watching. I'll pull the transcript and analyze it tomorrow.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 9:18 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• nope..already promised ds we'd go see 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid'..IRONY??
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:31 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I will most likely look at the video online after the fact. My Monday night are busy, I do a lot of blog promotions and returning comments and thing of that nature.

I also prefer to watch Obama without the children around. They've no need to know just how much Mommy can curse in one sentence.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:21 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Nope. I have to have a root canal, hemorrhoid surgery, and laser eye surgery,all without anesthetic,and I'm STILL looking more forward to them than listening to Barry read the lies off his teleprompter.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 12:29 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I prefer to read transcripts.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:14 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Nope I wont be watching. I am pretty sure there are other reruns on to watch.

Answer by gemgem at 9:24 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Yeeessss, I'll be watching this one. I have a more vested interest in this topic. My dh is currently deployed and we are expecting his voluntary deployment to turn into an extended non-voluntary one. I'm pretty ticked about this for a number of reasons..none of them being I am just a brat that wants my hubby home.

dullscissors....LMAO!!! My boys are wanting to see that, can we just go with you..the girls on here can fill us in later...!

Honestly, I don't expect Obama to have anything particularly intelligent to say. Who knows though..maybe he has a new speech writier.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:11 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I would, but I'm trying to control my stress levels. For some reason any time I see that man my blood pressure boils. And since I have low bp, that takes a lot of frustration!! As it is my stomach is already in a knot. My baby brother will be deployed to afgan soon.... Just need a few weeks to come to grips with him going.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 11:16 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• No.
    For transcripts, check www.whitehouse.gov.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 9:11 AM on Mar. 28, 2011