Hemorrhoids - TMI adult content

I've never had hemorrhoids before, not even when I was pregnant. I'm very thin, I eat well, I don't do any heavy lifting (these are all things Web MD is saying can cause them) but had been constipated lately. Not to the point where I can't go or it hurts to go but just a little more effort than usual and I've had hemorrhoids for the past 3 weeks! Why is this happening??? It's so embarrassing!? Is this something I need to go to the doctor for? I don't want to call the doctor if it's something I should just continue to treat at home. I'm so uneducate about it and I'm embarassed to even google it O0. Someone give me some advice, am I the only person this happens to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Health

• Have you tried Preparation H?. That works well for me. If they get really bad/worse tak to your doctor about it. Don't be embarrassed..........they deal with these things all the time. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:13 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• No your the the only person. Try getting some medication from the pharamcy,like cream or the wipes they make. But I would call the Dr and maybe get a prescription. The Dr is not going to think anything of it, he is there to help you better understand and treat any aliments that you may have.
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 9:15 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Prep-H, Tucks pads, witch hazel, sitz baths
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 9:29 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• They actually sell a prep-H with witch hazel, it works very well. I was blessed with hemorrhoids when I gave birth to my first and second (one each) they are so painful. Doc recommended prep-H with witch hazel. Works like a charm.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:33 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• You're not alone. I use an OTC product when mine flair up. I'm allergic to Prep-H. One time, I had lots of bleeding and got a prescription for suppositories with prednisone. If they aren't getting better after 2 weeks of home treatment, talk to your pharmacist or go to your doctor. You need a different approach.  Stool softeners and/or fiber can help.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:46 AM on Mar. 28, 2011