Birth control or no birth control?

I haven't taken bc since 6 months before I got prego with DS and he will be 2 very soon. I went through several diffrent types before the OB gave me a high hormonal doesage. It made me gain 40 lbs and I was very moody. Looking back I can't even believe I was that person. I would start fights with my husband over silly things and it always ended up with me telling him I didn't love him and I wanted a divorce. Even if it was over who ate the last of the bread. I thought about an IUD but my insurance doesn't cover it ($900) and ob doesn't think the hormones are enough so my body won't try to attack it. i don't want to gain 40 lbs again but I really don't want to be that crazy person to DS. We use condoms now but they are a pain. With school coming up and trying to get my furniture buisness going I don't want another child right now.So should I just suck it up and go bc? What do you think?

Liamsmom09

Asked by Liamsmom09 at 9:23 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Health

• With your history on the pill, I'd say away from them. Do you want to start fights with customers, et. al. with trying to get a business off of the ground? You might want to see if any pharmaceutical company has a clinical trial going on for an IUD where you can get one for free. Some companies offer financial assistance 'when you can't afford your prescription'.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:33 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Would hubby consider getting snipped?
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 9:28 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Not yet cuse we do want more eventually. Just not yet. That is the future plan.
    Liamsmom09

Comment by Liamsmom09 (original poster) at 9:30 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I tried the Depo too. The hormones aren't strong enough.
    Liamsmom09

Comment by Liamsmom09 (original poster) at 9:48 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• have you thought about trying the depo shot? there is a chance of gaining weight with that too but i took it for over a year and loved it i had no weight gain, no period after the first month and no cramping or any problems with mood swings,but everything is different for everybody.
    kb24

Answer by kb24 at 9:44 AM on Mar. 28, 2011