None expressive BF most of the time.

My BF, who I've been with for 4 yrs, is a closed book most of the time, never expressing how he feels unless we have an argument or it's serious. I'm starting to learn to live with it, though I feel as though we'd be happier if I knew how he felt about somethings.

Do you have the same problem?

LaraHappyMummy

Asked by LaraHappyMummy at 9:29 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• I have been with mine 3 yrs. and lived with him a year, I know what you mean, but he stills shows me how he feels through his affection, just not his words. I told him just last week, I REQUIRE him to share feelings with me, I need to hear how he feels, because i make he knows how i feel ALWAYS. He says he is not "that type" and i told him if he wants me he will make more of an effort. I don't want him to "change" just try to work with me. I don't want to learn to "live with it" I need more. He's doing better now. Talk to him, try to make him understand, if he loves you he too will bend a bit. Good luck
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:34 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• My best friend does. She has a husband (who obviously once was the boyfriend) and she has always dubbed him as "noncaring" because of what you've described. Now she is unhappy and so looking for some kind of connection with him, and she just can't get it, but has a child so it was a game changer.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 9:34 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• One this is absolutely true..... for the most part people do not change
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 9:38 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Guys (or some, or most guys) aren't as open in their feelings as ladies are. It's the men are from Mars thing, they prefer to keep their feelings close as they retreat to their cave. And It's why when their wife or girlfriend gets all emotional and teary and wants a deep talk about feelings, the guy may feel uncomfortable. If your friend only can express his emotions when he is upset, this is all part of the same thing, his calm state is to be closed. Don't try to force him to be as a girlfriend would be.

Answer by Bmat at 9:39 AM on Mar. 28, 2011