Do you believe once a cheater always a cheater?

have you ever taken a cheater back? did he cheat on you again?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 9:47 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes I believe once a cheater always a cheater. I did not take my ex back per say when I found out he was cheating, we did go to marriage counseling before completely splitting up. I find it hard to trust anyone who would cheat, disrespect me, expose me to possible STD's, lie and etc. I can forgive, not forget though.

Answer by gemgem at 9:49 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• if that person cheated on ME, yes.. if they had cheated before maybe.. depends how many people they cheated with. I've cheated before (on an ex many years ago)but have no plans of doing it again.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:49 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I've cheated, years ago and I would not dream of it now. I still regret it.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 9:49 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• YES ABSOLUTLY and yes I did once and would never ever do it again
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 9:49 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• no. but the trust is broken with just one offense.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:50 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I believe that in 99% of cases, I could never take a cheater back, trust would be totally gone, and from that point on i would always think that what he is doing with me he did to "Her" and i could not deal with that. Also, if he loved me to begin with he could have never gone through with it. But to each their own, just never to too naive to believe that it cant happen again. Good luck
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:51 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• My ex has cheated on absolutely everyone he has ever been with. He just turned 51 & shows no signs of changing.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 9:51 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Not always. My husband cheated early on in our marriage and I completely trust him now. You have to look at the root cause of the cheating. For us, we were both so stressed out from having to have his mother live with us that he looked for comfort because I could not give it. That comfort ended up with cheating. I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying I understand and that I don't worry about it happening again.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:56 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• No I don't believe so. I have once but I'm not doing that again. It took 3 years to build the trust back up with my husband.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 9:56 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Yes and I would never cheat
    ja2010

Answer by ja2010 at 9:57 AM on Mar. 28, 2011