Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone have a child/children that have some type of behavioral problems and you are receiving some type of state funding each month. my daughter starts her first therapy session on wed but i already know that something is mentally wrong with her.

Answer Question

Asked by aprilrb81 at 9:49 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

Level 6 (135 Credits)
Answers (10)
  • so you are using your child to get money.. based on your question you dont sound at all concerned for her.. way to go Mom.. hope your paycheck is cute.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

  • First of "anonymous" figures that would be ur name. I never once said i was receiving ANYTHING for her. if you would have read the question correctly i asked if anyone was. so you and your idiotic answer can go elsewhere!!!

    Comment by aprilrb81 (original poster) at 9:56 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

  • I do not have any children with that sort of problem and I am sorry you are having to have to go through this. If something is wrong I hope all turns out well for you. If it is bad and the state does send you money to help out with her like disability you deserve it in my opinion because sometimes the disability they do endure will keep them from working and having any kind of life and you will need some kind of help to support her disability. As I have said before there are so many ignorant people out there that have to br just plain out rude for no reason. Just don't let them bother you they are the ones looking stupid as the Anonymous that can not post their name like above..............again I hope all goes well for you and your daughter

    Answer by buttonlts at 10:01 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

  • I am kind of confused by the question. Do you mean that you think she has a mental illness and may receive funding for support services if she is diagnosed? I do not have a child with this situation, but I know that it is entirely possible.

    Answer by Namaste17 at 10:04 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

  • Thank u buttonlts =) and Namaste 17 thats exactly what i meant.

    Comment by aprilrb81 (original poster) at 10:09 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

  • Ok, well it's going to depend on the diagnosis and how much support she will need. The amount of funding you will receive also depends on your state, some states are more generous with funding than others. Best of luck. :)

    Answer by Namaste17 at 10:12 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

  • My son has ADHD and behavior problems. He has a behavior specialist, a TSS for school and we're working on getting him mobile therapy. He has medical assistance and that pays for the supports he needs.

    Answer by TARARENEE at 10:17 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

  • I have a child who is 10 he is bi-polar adha and has asbugers since he was 3 years old. I recive help for him its best to get it when they are young because its harder when they are an adult he will always have problems so its good that he'll have the money when he is an adult. so if you can get it for your child I would to it. It can help them when they get older

    Answer by star816 at 12:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

  • depending on diagnosis... I work with mentally challeneged very high functioning and have like bipolar and stuff and they get ssi checks every month to help with what they need.

    Answer by angelrach86 at 1:33 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

  • The therapist can help you fill out the paperwork for the state funding...i don't have a child with behavioral issues (not out of the normal teen emotions) but i work with a company that has an early intervention program and we get lots of requests for medical paperwork in order for parents to get assistance with state funding.

    Answer by BalooSkii at 12:12 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.