Would this be selfish of me?

I have had 2 girls and was thinking, if I have a boy, I have nothing! I haven't found out what I'm having yet, but my family has offered to throw me another baby shower if we have a baby boy. Would this be selfish of me to allow? I have always figured 1st baby you have a baby shower and after that you go off of what you have. I am open to all opinions.

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 9:54 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• girl, i would so throw you a shower..i'd do it if you were having another girl! i've never understood why people are so set on NOT giving a shower for each birth. yeahyeahyeah, i know some things are not necessary and can be reused, but there are a lot of things that can't!
    and who doesn't want to celebrate a new baby, regardless of the sex??

if someone wants to do a shower, let them!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:00 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Regardless of what many people seem to think, I see nothing wrong with having a baby shower for each baby. Doesn't each baby deserve their own new things to start with? Yes, many things can be handed off. But I think every baby should be welcomed into the world with some new things of their own. Why should the 1st born be the only one who deserves that?
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 9:56 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I don't think it is selfish. If you have only girls then you don't want to dress your boy in pink or wrap him in a pink blanket. This doesn't mean people have to buy you new cribs and bassanets. just a few blue things.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 9:56 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• i am doing the same thing ! i have 2 boys and am finally having a girl... my mom told me it was tacky but my friends all think its fine.. nobody seems to care anymore.. and like ive been saying if u dont like u dont have to come.... do what u want to do.. im having mine next month and i cant wait
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 9:58 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Hmmm, that's a hard one, since I feel kind of the same way. I've had 4 kids. The first I was supposed to have a shower but things didn't work out, and after that I just didn't feel right having one. But I think that if there has been a lot of yrs between babies, or if it is a different sex, and they are offering, then why not? Congrats by the way!!
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 9:58 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I say have as many showers as you want.

this sounds reasonable to me.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:02 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• No, I do not believe it would be selfish at all. It takes a lot of stuff, as I am sure you well know, for a baby. If you have items that you can use again that is always great, but there is still a lot of things you can't use as hand-me-downs. I don't think that any of your family or true friends would think you are being selfish or asking too much. Have fun, enjoy it.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 10:06 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I always heard the first baby only unless your kids are crazy far apart or you are having the opposite sex. Enjoy it,, let them, you didn't ask for it they offered, be excited and thankful! Good luck! I have 2 boys, and if i have another and its a girl, best believe i want a shower! lol
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:59 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Kinda but what I don't understand is why wouldn't you want it for the boy? Its different and just as special. Plus I think you will make your family feel like they don't matter. I understand where you're coming from as far as going off of what you have, but if you can cut your expenses and their are people that want to help why not let them? Good luck to you.
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 10:00 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• In our family we do not have showers with multiple babies regardless of the gender.
    AllThatBabyJazz

Answer by AllThatBabyJazz at 9:58 AM on Mar. 28, 2011