Do you have birthday parties for your kids every year?

I'm talking, sending out invites, presents, favors, games, etc. Or do you keep it more private w/ only your fam.?

HappyEndings

Asked by HappyEndings at 10:01 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• so far, yes!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:02 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• We have them every year until the kids are old enough to choose not to have one. Usually by the time they are 12-13 they still want one but like a roller skating party, or laser tag type party. They also get the option at that age to have a small family gathering & big gift instead. But until then the kids all get big birthday extravaganzas.

Answer by gemgem at 10:03 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Yes and no.. we do a small family thing but as far as inviting friends and family out somewhere to shower the kids with gifts, no.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:03 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• No, not every year. I think it is tough to get all the family organized sometimes and it is hard to schedule around everyone's work. However we do make the day special for them.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 10:03 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Yes, one for friends another for family which is usually a dinner at the grandmas house with cake etc..
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 10:04 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I come from a large extended fam., and so does my hubby, and having 4 kids of my own, I feel it's a lot to ask for them to bring gifts every year. I generally do parties on the big b-days though. 1,5,10. On occasion we'll have a non-party party where we invite everyone for cake and ice cream, and ask them to share the special day, but specify on the invites, please no presents.
    HappyEndings

Comment by HappyEndings (original poster) at 10:05 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• We keep it more private w/ only our family. The kids love it cause we allow that day to be all theirs, they pick what we eat, what they want for dessert, what we do...the day is all about them. It works really well for our family.
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 10:05 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• No, so far...she's only had one BIG birthday party & that was last year. Her dad did her party this year & invited a few of her friends & family...not super huge but they had fun. My husband & i took her & her friend out to her favorite dinner & let a friend sleep over. She gets 2 parties every year because her parents are divorced....so she already lucks out.

Last year we did the whole big party with her dad's family & my family all together It was too much though...never again...haha, unless dad wants to put the energy towards it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:08 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• i do every year yes
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 10:08 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• No not every year. We have done the Chuck E Cheese parties, we have done the family activity center party, very expensive on both counts. We have done Disneyland just for the family, I took son one year to a pirate show dinner theatre. I have done sleep-overs for dd's bday. We have had all kinds of bdays here, but not a big invitation sent out party every year.

beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:10 AM on Mar. 28, 2011