How do you earn income if you are a SAHM if you earn an income?

How do you earn income if you do earn income from home? I was working a small part time job that no longer is available and I need to bring in some more income without having to get a regular job. My daughter is a preemie and we travel at least once a week to her appts that are two hours away and she can not go into any type of daycare enviornment so I need something to do from home. I was going to do PSO but its hard with a 9month old

alwaystheresa

Asked by alwaystheresa at 10:32 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Money & Work

• I live out in the country and help farmers with their crops, make dresses and deliver newspapers. all 3 can be done basically from home or i can take the kiddos with
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:33 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I babysit and during the summer mow a couple lawns. I may not be able to mow lawns this year.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I have DH's help with this, but early in the morning I do mail delivery (not house-to-house - I pick up from a plant and deliver to 3 outlying post offices), and then in the afternoon, after school, I go back to the same 3 to pick up their outgoing mail and bring it back to the plant. DH is either home in the morning or does it for me, and in the afternoon if he's not home I can take the kids along. It's only about 1.5 hours in the morning and 1.5-2 hours in the afternoon and I make well over $20k per year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I watch a girl for a few hours after school, and next week I will be watching her at about 530am to 830 when school starts and then maybe an hour after school. I get about 100 a week. It's not a lot, but it gives us a little extra.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:37 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I did every strange job imaginable when I was a SAHM. In fact, there were times when I actually earned more money in a month than my husband did. I took a look at my skill set, and then I exploited the heck out of it any which way I could. I cleaned attics and basements, planned and executed children's birthday parties, was a wedding violinist and studio backup performer, tutored mathematics, taught classes on tie-dye, made and sold custom tie-dye, trained dogs, taught cooking classes to children in my home, taught violin lessons to children and tutored adults for standardized tests. At the time I began doing this, I had a two-year-old and a five-year-old. So, what are YOU good at? What could YOU spin into some gold here?
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:37 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I totally understand why you wouldn't want to put her in childcare. Preemies immune systems are sooo sensitive!

I have my own little business at home!! I LOVE it! :o)

I have been with Internet CEO Moms going on 2 years now. We do not sell anything, throw parties, keep inventory, etc... Simply help other moms work from home. We have endless training and support. This has been one of the best experiences and I wouldn't trade it for the world. The awesome thing is is that you can choose your own hours so you can take that day off to take your baby girl the doctors!

You can get all the details about our team and working from home at www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com
    Also, check out Internet CEO Moms Official Fan Page at www.LikeInternetCEOMoms.com

I wish you the best of luck in your search! :o)
    ~Alyssa M.
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms
    www.sandamaliska.blogspot.com
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 11:39 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I sell all my kids old stuff on craigslist - toys, clothes, etc. It's not much, but it definitely brings in some cash. I've also been known to browse at garage sales on Saturday morning and bought stuff to relist on craigslist for a higher price (especially if I can paint it, clean it or dress it up in some way)

Answer by missanc at 1:40 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Have you ever considered a home business? You can determine when you can work and when you need to devote time to your children. Plus, you get to spend some adult time one to two nights a week. The business I have offers excellent training (we have even won awards from the DSA on our trainings), consumable products, products that are in demand, and you can leverage your time to increase your earnings potential. You may check out my business at www.marywozniak.myarbonne.com. Keep that option open...it is a viable solution.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 1:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I sell on ebay, run a web design service and create teaching printables that I sell.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• If you are interested in a home business let me know. I think it would be great for you being that you are out at dr appointments and such, great way to get your name out there by leaving business cards and catalogs. If you are interested in being a Demonstrator w/ Gold Canyon Candles let me know and I will help you start your business for FREE.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 2:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2011