Should I ignore sil or be nice???

I lost touch with my sil who lives next door due to commuting and caregiving for my sick parents. I was not that tight with her anyway but..... My sil is a 42 year old that never got married and does not have any children. She lives with mommy and daddy who pay all her bills and then some. The last time I came back from caregiving I was having dinner with my inlaws and she just shrugged hello from a distance as she walked into the house when we usually are very cordial and kiss hello.I was puzzled but then she started telling to clear the table and bossying me around. So my son needed service points for his school so he asked her to help out at the school she works at and she just texted my son and called him on the phone. When I dropped him off at the school she told him to meet her and just continued to text my son. So should I thank her when I see her and be nice or just ignore her since now she just got away on a last minute vacation that no one knew about. Her mom is embarrassed and has not even told me that her daughter took off while I was gone. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• i would talk to her and see whats up.. something is going on in her life and she might need someone to talk to.. might help other issues she is having as well as whats going on with your relationship with her
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:39 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• well you should be nice. The golden rule, you know. although I think you have issues with your sil and it comes through in your post.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:01 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• no, I have tried to reach out to her many times.I wish she would find a nice guy....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:05 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Try to be nice. Text her "thanks for helping "myson", and leave it at that. Maybe she'll come around at another time.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:53 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• We never exchanged cell phone numbers...sad right?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:54 AM on Mar. 28, 2011