Do you cook yourself breakfast and nobody else

I could never cook just for me and eat a hot plate of food in front of others without feeling guilty

Asked by alotleft2do at 10:37 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Food & Drink

• If I'm cooking for me, I might as well cook extra for everyone else.

Answer by August07Mom at 12:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Once in a while after the kids are at school I'll make a bowl of oatmeal (the real stuff) or a couple of eggs or something - usually stuff the kids don't like. But I don't do it while they're home.

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• you mean you get to eat alone?! JEALOUS!! I always make extra food even if my kids have just eaten because they are ALWAYS hungry when they smell food.

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:41 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Sure, I cook myself breakfast on weekdays all the time. Because my kids won't eat any of the breakfast foods- no bacon, pancakes, waffles, french toast, eggs, hash browns, etc. And sometimes, I want some of those things. They are much happier with a yogurt and an apple.

My youngest does eat oatmeal sometimes, so I'll make that for her when she wants some.

Do I usually cook just for me and not for them? No. Usually it's the other way around. But there are many possible explanations. For one, if you told them they could have french toast if they cleaned their rooms and they didn't, you'd eat it to show them what they were missing. Or if they're going out later to eat with friends. Or if they got into the goldfish and aren't hungry. Or if you ask if they want something and they either don't answer or say "no".

Answer by Tracys2 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• If I am making breakfast, I make it for everyone in the house.

Answer by amber1330 at 10:49 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• never

Answer by letstalk747 at 10:40 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• No, I do just the opposite. I cook breakfast for my kids every morning..but I rarely eat breakfast.

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:40 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Oh there is a difference between eating when others are gone and home...I'm talking about cooking for just yourself and eating in front of others

Comment by alotleft2do (original poster) at 10:41 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I only do it when I want something and the kids do not want it so I give them something different and make myself what I want.

Answer by jnb71584 at 10:42 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• When we were all on the same schedule I always made breakfast for all of us. Definitely on weekends we had family time at breakfast and we all loved to eat a big breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day!!!! I wouldn't have any energy at all if I didn't eat breakfats and it was the same for my kids. Now they are adults and they still manage to eat breakfast. Good for them.

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:47 AM on Mar. 28, 2011