Should airlines have a family section

alotleft2do

Asked by alotleft2do at 11:04 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Travel

• i think they should have the option, and make it strictly an OPTION. if the parents wish to use a family section then fine, and it would probably be more tolerant, but it will also help the parents who don't "choose the family section" to be more mindful of what their children are up to. l say it's a win win too
    mrstheriault

Answer by mrstheriault at 1:14 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I am not a believer in discrimination. No

pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:08 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• on the plane? Like for individual families or clumping all families together like in a different section?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:05 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Yes...
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 11:06 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• At first I thought good idea, but I'm sure that if you get three 4 year olds in the same area of the plane, they would hatch schemes and the plane would go down! And my 4 yr old would be the instigator!

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:07 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Where young children and their families are seated in the same section, I suppose. It does make sense- then other passengers wouldn't be as bothered by the crying baby or the child kicking the seat. I don't know how practical it would be to set it up. I guess like they used to have the smoking and non-smoking in the same cabin, only the smokers at the back and the non-smokers in front of the cabin. But the smoke was right there in the cabin, whether the smokers were in the back or not, the smoke was still there.

Answer by Bmat at 11:08 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I think the business class people would love that idea....
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 11:09 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• the only problem I see with this is some flights have families on them some don't,, the Airline has no idea who is going to be taking a flight so holding tickets for the family section would make prices be higher,, it is a good idea, but I can't see it working,, and like PP said, my son would be happy to cause chaos with others!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:34 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• They should at least have a section for parents who know they will not be making any attempts to controlling their children while the plane is in flight. They all just need to be together while all the children run all over THEM, and not the rest of us.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• That's is actually a great question. My answer would be a resounding "Yes". It would be a total win-win. :)
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 7:48 PM on Mar. 28, 2011