Have You Heard of the New Baby Monitor Telling You What Your Babies Cry Means?

I just saw it on TV and it will be really good if it really works. It's a monitor just like the regular one, but it's suppose to tell what each cry means. What do you think, will you try it?

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 11:11 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wont try it and I'm kind of sad it was invented. babies cry for a number of reasons and most of the time they are lonely.. this new product will be used as an excuse by many people not to go in and take care of their baby simply because it says something that is incorrect. great idea for some parents but highly dangerous to infants
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:15 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I have to agree with zoejains_momma I think sevearl babies will now be ignored b/c the monitor says something & it may not even be true. People may rely on it too much =( I dont think I would personally trust it to work correctly.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 11:19 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I won't be using it. After a while you learn your babies cries at least I did. I knew the I'm hungry cry from the I just want to be held cry from the I'm in pain cry pretty well. I don't need a monitor to tell me what wrong with my little one. I am sure that others will enjoy it though and I'm not knocking anybody who does use it.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:25 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• that's from an episode of the Simpsons. episode 24 of season 3. Homer gets a 2,000 commission and his brother Herb (whom Homer caused to go bankrupt) comes back to borrow the money to invent The Baby Translator. with Maggie's help he successfully creates a translator that tells you what each cry means based on pitch and frequency. Herb then becomes rich again and buys Homer a vibrating chair. the whole idea must have been spawned from this episode from 1992....however each baby cries differently. the idea is great in theory for a cartoon but not in reality
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• No. I know my baby's cries better than any monitor!

Answer by missanc at 12:38 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I agree with missanc...I know what my daugter's cries mean =]
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 7:01 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I think I am good with the natural method of actually listening and paying attention to other ques my son gives with his crying. Like smacking his lips with the crying means he is hungry, grunting with his cry poopy. kicking hard and crying his belly hurts. I know the sound of his cry when he is hurt ( he has lots of hair and at times pulls it) and I know when he wants to be held and play. I don't need an expensive machine that probably wont work to tell me how to care for my baby.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 7:51 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I think after a while, as a Mother, you learn what your babies different cries mean. So I don't really see a need for this
    LiviLove613

Answer by LiviLove613 at 8:38 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Well since every babies cry is different how does it work?
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 11:14 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• i have never heard of those monitors they sound kinda cool tho!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 8:05 PM on Mar. 28, 2011