Does you little one want you to hold EVERYTHING?

My 2 year old picks things up from around the house and wants me to hold them all. Like his toys books shoes clothes and diapers. You name it if he can reach it then he thinks I should hold it. Although its cute for a while it can be very inconvenient since he doesn't want me to put anything down lol. Does your baby do this?

Brandi300

Asked by Brandi300 at 11:18 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Omgsh yes. My two year old does this all the time and then gets his feelings hurt when i set stuff down so i can keep cleaning or take care of the 1 year old. I always say "mommys going to put this down so i can (do something) would you like to help?" i have found this to help out a little. If you need to do something and its something he/she can help with get them involved. But i so know where you are coming from.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 11:23 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• No, my son seems to think everything should be in the floor. lol
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:20 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I'm typing this from under a mountain of toys now!! lol. Mine is almost 3 and does the same thing. lol.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 11:39 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Lol well Travis does that too :)
    Brandi300

Comment by Brandi300 (original poster) at 11:21 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• My son does it sometimes, he's a year and a half. He'll just randomly bring me stuff, and sometimes he takes one of his toys and wants me to hold it while he plays with it. It does get annoying after a while, but I just tell him no, and put it down. He cries for a minute, and then gets over it.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 11:34 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• sometimes. it just depends on the mood.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 11:37 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Ha ha yes! Mine is three and if he isn't handing me things he is throwing everthing on the floor. He clears the tables several times a day and dumps the tox box as fast as I clean it!!! I love him but nap time is appreciated :)
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 1:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• My 3 year old daughter she will ask me to help her carry all her toys to the room while she just carries her favorite blanket. i normally tell her that her toys are to heavy for me so we come with an idea and put all the toys in the blanket and carry them together and she tells me good job.
    patty5

Answer by patty5 at 2:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2011