Does Islam need more folks like Veena Malik to speak up?

Speak up and really fight the terrorists within Islam? I have to admit I like this woman and wish we'd see much more of this from others.It's the complacency that causes some of us to wonder.Start pushing the pos terrorists away and stop the excuses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMnAmRa4NYw&feature=player_embedded

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 11:19 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• We do need to hear from more people like her. There is a doctor..I can't recall his name at the moment that I like as well. More do need to speak up and take a stand.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:27 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I think Islam needs some non religious people to show them how ridiculous they are.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 11:32 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Of course, solid, devout members need to speak out, but when so many want to lump all members together, defining ALL because the actions of the crazy minority, you can see why more do not come forward. Assigning the sins of a few, to the majority only adds to the existing problems.

Actions matter been far more than words. If the majority are solid citizens and faithful members who live by the golden rule, that should be enough. You can not let the minority define the majority.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:25 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Sister, the fact that so many do NOT speak out is what allows people to lump them all together.

Phelps goes around spreading his hate, and while some people defend his right to free speech, no one says that his words are 'Christian', or that his actions are 'ok'.

As for what the majority does, being solid, faithful citizens isn't enough for Christians. Timothy McVeigh is a prime example ... and he is a rarity, not something that crops up in the news as a weekly event.

OP, if more people would speak out, it would help a LOT.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 3:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I believe they do NOT speak up because they think that it would be a waste of time. Why risk calling attention to yourself, IF you believe it will likely be a waste of time, and could even possibly make you or your family a target for some extremist from either side? Sadly, that is the reality of our world.

They are quiet because it is the path of least resistance. No win situation. Just like with McVeigh and WBC, members have little control over the fringe minority. How many here PUBLICALLY condemn the actions of these fringe members of Christianity? IMO,  most do not. It's almost like  unspoken knowledge or POV. Clearly, not too many people agree with the actions of WBC, yet how many are screaming it from the mountain tops? Its a given........

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:22 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Sister, I've counter-protested alongside the Patriot Guard three times because of Phelps in the past 6 months when they showed up locally to protest soldiers funerals. I will NOT stand by, or be silent, when something that wrong is taking place. Our troops and their familes already give so much, and they deserve better than to be harassed and hounded by a defective unit such as Phelps (or his little inbred family).

Aside from that, given how many here claim to follow Islam, I still don't see them speaking out against those who twist and pervert it. A few say 'terrorists' are wrong/bad, but the same ones turn right around and support and/or defend known terrorist groups. They also turn around and get all huffy when they are questioned about that. I'm sorry, but that leaves anyone associated with Islam hanging out there in the breeze to be questioned.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Aside from that, given how many here claim to follow Islam, I still don't see them speaking out against those who twist and pervert it. A few say 'terrorists' are wrong/bad, but the same ones turn right around and support and/or defend known terrorist groups. They also turn around and get all huffy when they are questioned about that. I'm sorry, but that leaves anyone associated with Islam hanging out there in the breeze to be questioned.

This, I agree with 100%.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:31 PM on Mar. 28, 2011