Do you think playing the Lottery is a waste of money?

I don't play the Lottery. Just curious how many of you ladies do.

downsznmomof4

Asked by downsznmomof4 at 11:23 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I buy a ticket here or thee
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:24 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• yes i do.

my father in law plays it all the time. i personally thing if he would have taken that money he spent all these years playing then he would have a lot more then anything he has ever won.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 11:25 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• not if your winning...
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 11:25 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• It is a waste of money....but only until you hit the BIG WON.....that's my plan.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:25 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• We don't have the lottery, so I don't ever waste any money on it. We do, however, believe it a waste of money.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:26 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I buy a ticket here or there, but I used to do a job where at least 50% of transactions and money coming in were from lottery. Only people who played for hours on end (yes, those people exist - they stand at the instant machine buying tickets their whole lunch hour - or longer!!!) usually win big (because obviously they buy more tickets.) The holiday ones are a big scam. I knew someone who bought a whole book of tickets (worth $250 or $500 once) for Christmas just for the heck of it, and inside the winnings was only about $50. It's a friggen joke!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• sometimes it can be when you buy everyday and never win but one here n there wont hurt.
    kolbysmama20

Answer by kolbysmama20 at 11:30 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I think it's fine as long as you don't go crazy. I spend around $5 per week. I enjoy it. I have fun with it, it's worth it to me.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:31 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I live in Alabama. I would play if they had it here. A few dollars here and there won't make a difference.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:34 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I buy lottery tickets once in a while if I buy something and wind up with $1-2 in cash left over, but that's pretty rare. I've never played Quick Pick or anything like that though. I feel I have a better shot of winning a couple bucks from a ticket than I do of winning millions by picking some numbers.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:47 AM on Mar. 28, 2011