What could I do?

I soooo want a car right now. I applied for a loan from college. The main purpose of it is for childcare. I was thinking I could spend some on a car and then shop around for a cheaper daycare and use the remaining oney for it.

I know it sounds super risky butI really need a car. I considerd asking my mother is my brother or sister would come out and help (once their school was over) to watch my son. But i know she is not going to help me or let them go. I could find a private person to watch my son in case I run into the issue of not having enough money left over and being able to pay the high daycare fee. a private person can be cheaper at times.

I don't know. I really want a car ****im pretty sure I will get my loan approved**** I know having a car is a lot (especially if it breaks down) but it will help me way more..I can go more places and do more things.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Money & Work

• I dont know how old you are, if you are working along w/ school- etc., but yes, it's great to have a car. And yes, it sucks too! There's the car payment, car insurance, gas, & maintenance. Budget wisely & only get what you can afford. (*Dont forget to ask for the Car Fax!) :) GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• ya..
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 11:47 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• yeah I already had a new car before and I am not trying to do car payments again. I want a used one so I can avoid that. I am not working so that is another reason I want used...I want to get a job but it is seriously hard trying to look for something while on the bus.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:48 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I wouldn't spend the money on a car if it's not supposed to be for that. Pay for the daycare like you're supposed to, and if you have any left over, THEN you could put it toward a car. Save up for it and be smart about it. Good luck!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:48 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• That is why I am trying to get outside input cause I know what I am thinking....I thought about to what if I spend all that oney and say the next day (God forbid) I get into a wreck there goes the car and the daycare money lol I'm trying to make sound financial decisions now that I am a mother/adult.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• If you have to take out a loan for a car, you can't afford it.

Buy a used car that you can pay cash for, and continue to save your money

Answer by rkoloms at 7:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• wait what is wrong with taking a loan out for a used car? I totally agree with saving. Totally.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:47 PM on Mar. 28, 2011