Anyone else not having Thanksgiving today?

:o( We celebrated about a week ago when family was in and today my husband has to work... it's kind of sad though...

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 9:33 AM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I'm not! I'm Canadian though, we celebrate Thanksgiving in early October!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:39 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• No,I am alone,so I am not .I am going to clean today,great Thanksgiving huh?But I do hope you have a great day.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 9:39 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• we are having thanksgiving, but my SO is working til about 1230 or 1. A cop doesn't get the holidays off!=( but at least it's not very long, and we still get together with our families. hope you all have a great day
    abootie

Answer by abootie at 10:07 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• We're not celebrating until 6PM tonight with my boyfriend's family >:( He just went off to play soccer with his co-workers and brothers, they do it every Thanksgiving. Since I'm VERY pregnant (and there's no bathroom at the place they play), I decided to stay home. Blahhh. Doesn't feel like a holiday to me.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:32 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• We usually celebrate on the Saturday after Thanksgiving so that my nephew can be with us. His mother has custody of him and even on the years it is my brother's year to have him for Thanksgiving, he trades her the actually holiday so that he can have the whole weekend with his son. My immediate family (hubby and kids) always goes to see a movie on Thanksgiving day. We are going to see Madagascar 2 later today then coming home and eating pizza! We love it because it is a peaceful day together! Happy Thanksgiving to all!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:45 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Mishelly--that sounds like fun.

We've been known to eat Thanksgiving on a different day. When the kids were babies and my husband had to work Thanksgiving night we ate on a different day. One year it was the weekend before and another year we ate the day after because I didn't want to spend all day cooking for just me and 1 or 2 toddlers and then have to clean it all up. That seemed pointless.
    Hubby has off this year so we're aiming for 3pm dinner right now.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:41 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• IN NOT I HAVE TO WORK AND MY HUBBY AND DAUGHTER WENT TO OUR OTHER FAMILIES HOUSE..IT SUCKS @$$
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 12:56 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• We're technically not ...

My families was last night. My parent usually have tickets to go see the Lions play every Thanksgiving, but they suck this year and my dad cancelled his season tickets. So we had dinner yesterday with them because we celebrate our stuff on the Eve's.

My SIL has her families dinner today, so we are having dinner with her and the rest of DH's family tomorrow night.

Today we're doing little stuff like laundry, planting some flower bulbs that needed to get done weeks ago, but oh well. I think we may go to my brothers house tonight for dessert because he is hosting his in-laws for dinner.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 12:56 PM on Nov. 27, 2008