What is the best way to write a two week notice to daycare?

I have decided to take my son out of daycare. Do anyone have any suggestions on what I should include in my letter? My son has been sick off and on since I put him in daycare and I am just fed up. His Godmother has agreed to keep him so we are going that route for now. All suggestions/ideas are welcome.

MicahsMom6931

Asked by MicahsMom6931 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just be matter of fact,
    Dear daycare provider
    Although we have enjoyed our time here, we have made other arrangements for Johnny his last day will be (2 weeks from whenever you give it,) Thank-you for caring for our son!
    Your name
    I wouldn't go into the sickness or anything else, now you also might want to have it notarized and keep a copy in case they claim you didn't give it our something,, good luck with the new situation!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:46 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Why do you have to give them a two week notice? If you are unhappy with their care then let him go until the last day of the Month you paid for then tell them to go pound salt & you are removing him due to the fact they keep an unsanitary environment. Then call the Health dept & make a complaint.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:22 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I assume you have a contract so be sure to give the required notice, or else they might sue you!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:30 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• We had a contract with our provider that she be given two weeks notice and I don't like to burn bridges so I fulfilled our end of the contract...I sent her an email letting her know that my husband's work schedule had changed and he would be staying home with our son so this email served as written notice that we would no longer need her services. I actually didn't send him back to her house during the two weeks, but I did pay her for them.
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 1:08 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Thanks so much for responding. I do have a contract with them and will do things the right way. Thanks again.
    MicahsMom6931

Comment by MicahsMom6931 (original poster) at 1:08 PM on Mar. 28, 2011