SIL took DS for a haircut,, why does this make me so mad?????

My DS loves to visit my SIL and BIL, and usually it is okay, too many sweets,, too much spoiling but a couple of times a year no biggie right? Well this past visit my SIL took it upon herself to get my son's haircut,, I am a stylist, and I always cut his hair,, we were keeping the ears trimmed, but growing out bangs,,he wants to be Justin Bieber LOL! Now, she is well aware that I CUT his hair,, the lady she took him to did not do great, but the point is why would she do this? I was kind of suprised when I picked him up,, and told my husband I was not happy,,,,sometimes I feel like she tries to undermine me,,DS said she was asking do your Mommy and Daddy fight? IDK but some advice would be helpful, I should also mention that for the 15 years she has been my SIL, she seems to have a pattern of difficulty with her friends, lots of gossip, lots of drama,,,,IDK???

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 11:43 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• So she bullied your son into a haircut when he said he liked for you to do it. She did it anyway, even though she knew you normally do it (completely undermining you since she didn't bother to call and ask you). And, she's wheedling your son about personal information regarding your relationship with your DH. This sounds totally destructive and dangerous to your son and your family. I would let hell freeze over before I let my DS visit unsupervised again. Don't even say anything about it, but when she starts pushing the issue for another visit, THEN you tell her why. Calmly and factually state all of the reasons why you are not going to allow it. Hell, write it down now so you can refer to it later when needed, especially since your anger will have dissipated by then. That's the point, though, don't talk to her about it now, just wait until the issue comes up again.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 2:33 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I would talk to her and tell her it is not appropriate for her to go behind your back and do things with your son unless she cleared it with you or your husband. I would talk to her about the things she says and does with your son and tell her either do it your way or come and visit her nephew at your house where you can see what she is getting up too.
    jnb71584

Answer by jnb71584 at 11:47 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I would tell I do not like what she did and I also would not let her visit to much, you know she is trouble. Time to keep your son away from her, don't trust her!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:47 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Why in the world would she feel the need to cut his hair when you always do it? Hmmm to me it sounds like she was trying to get under your skin & for her to be asking him if y'all fight is none of her business & not her place.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 11:49 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• well then doesn't sound like she had much of a reason then.
    good luck with this woman, she sounds like a trip!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• she crossed the line when she took it upon herself to take him and get his hair cut especially when she knows that you do it. also her asking your son if you guys fight is none of her business either. I'm not sure if I'd approach her or not she sounds unstable.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:41 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• She crossed the line...
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 11:45 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• If you have known her 15 yrs I would just talk to her about it.

Answer by gemgem at 11:45 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I think she was just trying to do something special for him. if you always cut his hair maybe this was just a new experience for him and if he hates it he may now understand why letting you cut it is a better choice?
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:45 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I do think she crossed the line, but did you ask her why she did this? I'm curious as to why.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2011