How long shold you wait til you get preganant again after your first baby?

my husband and i love being a parents to a 6mths old son and we just cant wait to have another!

ethans_mom2010

Asked by ethans_mom2010 at 11:44 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• we waited until our dd was 2 and a half before i got pregnant again, my kids are 3 years and 3 weeks apart
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• It's a personal choice but i think no less then 2 years just to mainly make it easier on you and to have 1 almost out of diapers. Besides this way you can give them both 100% of the attention they need. With 2 close together its hard to meet everyones needs right away. Good luck! I love being a parent too, mine is almost 11mths and i want 1 more but SO says 2 yrs apart, and if i wasnt so old id agree..lol
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 11:53 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• My sons are a year apart (both born in Nov, one in the beg and on in the end). It's not too terrible. I think it will be good when they are a few years older and they can play together.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 11:54 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• there is 5 years between my oldest and youngest but I had 2 miscarriages in between
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:27 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I think when you are ready and your body is ready the time is right for you. With my first, I got pregnant when she was 6 months old and that was perfect for me. Having them very close was great for us. Some people need more room in between, others don't. No one answer will be right for everyone. If you and hubby want another and your cycles are back, then go for it. (My best friend found that she was ready before her body was. She was ready at 6 months, but her cycles didn't return until 16 months. I suppose she got a fun 10 months of trying! :))
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 12:45 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• 10 years, lol, no im kidding. We had our 3rd one about 3 years after the first 2 then the 4th was born a year later and this one will be born a year and 3 moths after the 4th child. It depends on your body and if you are ready.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 1:11 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Personal choice. I am leaving my fertility up to God.
    AllThatBabyJazz

Answer by AllThatBabyJazz at 1:28 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• thats all up to u guys, i personally would wait to try for another one till ur so is one
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 2:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• my best friends first daughter turned 1 august 10 and her second daughter was born november 1...her body barely had time to heal before she got pregnant again and she wishes she had waited because of the effects on her body..while its great that her kids and my little one are going to be so close in age she still gets tired from being pregnant and says she wouldnt have done it so close together had she had a choice
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 3:23 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• OB's say 18 months. But I really think it's a matter of personal choice. I know someone who was already pregnant at her 6 week check up.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2011