What's the worst behaviors you have seen from a child in public?

I was in line at the pharmacy one time. This lady behind me had a little boy with her. She was texting on her phone, and the boy was climbing on the shelves. He then comes up to me and says. "We are going in front of you, I'm not waiting anymore'" The mom just looks at him and keeps texting.

Another time, I watched two brothers empty out cans of AXE deodorant spray out on the ground while mom was on the phone. Then they put them back on the shelves.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 11:45 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• Ive seen some pretty bad stuff from parents who just gave up and didnt care what their kids did. One child actually walked over to a pay phone and peed on it.. his mom watched him, just sighed, rolled her eyes and walked away.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:48 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• HAHA! WOW!
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 11:49 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Sounds like the worst behavior from a parent to me! Kids will try things, it's up to the parent to set limits. Probably the worst thing I've seen is that a friend of mine let her child slap her in the face and then she gave in and let him have his way! Ugh.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 11:49 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• a young girl around 7, once tripped with her grandmother in front of school and she never helped her up. In fact, she started yelling at her to move faster . It was heartbreaking.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• WOAH!
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I used to work at Walmart, and once a kid pulled down his pants and pooped right in the middle of an aisle in the toy section because his parents wouldn't let him have a toy. Glad I didn't have to clean THAT mess up!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:53 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• correction, it was her great-grandmother that she did that to. I shake my head every time I see her and think I hope she snapped out of that behavior.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 11:53 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Probably the worst was the day a woman and a boy about 9 or 10 were behind us in line at Costco. It was the weekend, it was packed and lines were long. We had been hearing this child whine and complain for at least 15 minutes. The woman said little to him. Finally she snaps at him "Shut up or I'm going to beat the f&&k out of you when we get home." My husband and I thought..wow, sad. Well I guess the little boy snapped because the next thing we knew he was screaming at the top of his lungs and just punching the crap out of her. Security came and pulled them both away from the line. The cops came and asked everyone in line what happened. I don't know what happened after that but it was terribly upsetting for everyone concerned.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:55 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• used to work at Walmart, and once a kid pulled down his pants and pooped right in the middle of an aisle in the toy section because his parents wouldn't let him have a toy. Glad I didn't have to clean THAT mess up!
    Answer by lovingmy4babies

Just out of curiosity, who did have to clean it up?
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:57 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I havent seen anything all too bad. One time I was at the store and saw a kid (around 4-5) grabbing potato chip bags and stepping on them and putting them back on the shelf. Mom was looking at something on the opposite side of the aisle. Some of the worst behavior I have seen has actually been from parents believe it or not, not from the kids. My mom always said see the parent know the child.

Answer by gemgem at 12:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2011