Blending the families

My son and I are getting ready to move in with my BF and his son. Both of our children have their other parents involved in their lives, so I am not sure what type of a role to play in his sons life?? Advice anyone?

My BF is more than willing to step up and help me with my son who is not quite 3 yet and a total handful! Very strong-willed and full of personality (I need help with him!!) and his son just turned 5.....What do I do???

logansmommy711

Asked by logansmommy711 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• Just do what comes natrually. Treat him the way you would your own son. If he doesnt see consistent parenting, he may think you favor your son over him. Or dont love him as much. Be glad they are at these ages. Its alot easier to bond w/ them when they are younger. GL :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• You and your bf need to sit down and make house rules, consequences, and rewards. That way, everyone is on the same page with all of the children. Make sure to not overstep and try to become "mommy" to your stepson (but that does NOT mean you can't be a mother FIGURE). Also, be sure to talk about the expectations out of each other in regards to your biological children.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 28, 2011