Ex husbands

how do u deal with ur exs when u have a kid together?

kimsmith22

Asked by kimsmith22 at 12:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• Only talk about important issues relating to the kids, and do it in writing (so there's always proof). Follow the CO, and leave some room for additional time or changes in the schedule if it would benefit the kids. Remember to always put the children first, and that the feelings that you and your ex have toward one another should play no part in how the two of you co-parent. Keep the relationship "business-like"
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 12:05 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Only talk to them about the child. If they have a problem, and he doesnt cooperate take him to court (even if you already went). If hes causing problems get a restraining order.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 12:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• By court order lmao. No seriously, I only deal with them directly as whatever court order says I have to. If my ex lets say wants an extra weekend I say no if it isnt in the order, and vice versa. I have an understanding with them that we will do exactly as ordered because it just makes it easier. We wont argue that way.
    As for any other issues besides visits, I use email. I want everything in writing. I only talk to my ex, never a gf or wife.

Answer by gemgem at 12:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Get everything in writing and enforced by the court. I only "speak" to mine through text or e-mail, and only about the kids.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:46 PM on Mar. 28, 2011