Favorite Holiday Gifts when You were a Kid?

Did you have that one special gift as a kid that still gives you goosebumps thinking about it as an adult? I had three distinct memories:

1. When I got the Atari 2600 with 16 games. Not sure how my parents did it, but Im sure they were broke for quite some time, back in the day! I remember it was all wrapped in gold Tom and Jerry Christmas wrapping paper!

2. The Barbie Townhouse. It had a yellow elevator that could be pulled up and down with a string, and the townhouse had three floors with all the furniature! Gawd, I played with that all day!

3. When I was about 5 or 6, I got a Holly Hobby wooden desk and bench. The desk opened up on top and was slanted. Inside was all kinds of writing paper, crayons, and coloring books.

Isn't it funny how we remember stuff like this? LOL

lilmizmoore

Asked by lilmizmoore at 10:22 AM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Holidays

• Barbie townhouse was my favorite and my brother stayed up all night to put it together.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:59 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• My favorites were dolls and doll accessories, my Speak N Spell, my wagon, my Etch A Sketch and my Nintendo. (I loved my Atari too, but it wasn't a Christmas gift lol)
    WyledBunch

Answer by WyledBunch at 11:01 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• 1. board games 2. Cinderella watch 3. my own portable hair dryer

Answer by admckenzie at 11:19 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I still love playing Pitfall! the guy had a square head! LOL
    lilmizmoore

Answer by lilmizmoore at 12:27 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I had to have a firetruck every year. Not really sure why but each year I asked for one every year. I think the last one I got was when I was 13 or 14.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:06 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• My favorite Christmas gift of all ,was a giant Raggedy Ann Doll,I loved that doll more than anything,but one day,I came home,and my brother cut that little heart off her chest,and pulled all her stuffing out,Her poor head was just laying on her feet.I am still trying to forgive him.I found me another on ebay last year.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 8:49 PM on Nov. 27, 2008